In 2015, a group of young entrepreneurs from Guinea came together to create the video sharing platform for Africa. Our goal was to challenge the status quo to develop customized digital solutions for African creators, entertainers and media outlets. We wanted to create a space where Africa’s rich cultural diversity and creativity is showcased and celebrated through crowdsourcing. We are excited to invite you to join our community so that together we can propel Africa’s digital revolution.
iFrica360 was incubated by the Tony Elumelu Foundation in Nigeria. Our founder was one of the 1000 entrepreneurs selected to take part in the Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program (TEEP) inaugural class of 2015.
1. Who May Use the iFrica360 ServiceAGE REQUIREMENT: You must be at least 13 years of age to use the iFrica360 Service. If you are at least 13, but are still a minor (this depends on where you live), you must have your parent or legal guardian's permission to use the iFrica360 Service. Please have him or her read this Agreement with you. NOTICE TO PARENTS AND GUARDIANS: By granting your child permission to use the iFrica360 Service, you agree to the terms of this Agreement on behalf of your child. You are responsible for monitoring and supervising your child's use of the iFrica360 Service. WARNING: Even if you are old enough to use the iFrica360 Service and/or have your parent’s or guardian's permission, some of the content available within the iFrica360 Service may not be appropriate for you. Some content may contain "R-rated" material, nudity, profanity, and mature subject matter. If you are under 18, do not view such content.
2. License to Use the iFrica360 ServiceLICENSE: iFrica360 grants you a limited, non-exclusive license to access and use the iFrica360 Service for your own personal, non-commercial purposes. This includes the right to view content available on the iFrica360 Service. This license is personal to you and may not be assigned or sublicensed to anyone else. RESTRICTIONS: Except as expressly permitted by iFrica360 in writing, you will not scrape, reproduce, redistribute, sell, create derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble the iFrica360 Service or any source code therein. Nor will you attempt to circumvent any of iFrica360's technical measures or take any measures to interfere with or damage the iFrica360 Service. All rights not expressly granted by iFrica360 are reserved. MOBILE APP: Your use of the iFrica360 Service through one of our mobile applications is also subject to the same terms and conditions.
3. PrivacyAll data and information entered on iFrica360 can be used to improve the platform. iFrica360 owns full commercial rights to all data collected from users on the iFrica360 platform.
4. MembershipREGISTRATION: To fully use the iFrica360 Service, you must register as a member by providing a user name, password, and valid email address. You must provide complete and accurate registration information to iFrica360 and notify us if your information changes. If you are a business, government, or non-profit entity, the person whose email address is associated with the account must have the authority to bind the entity to this Agreement. USER NAME: We encourage you to use your real name. If you are a business, government, or non-profit entity, you must use the actual name of your organization. You may not use someone else's name, a name that violates any third party right, or a name that is obscene or otherwise objectionable. ACCOUNT SECURITY: You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your account, including any activity by unauthorized users. You must not allow others to use your account. You must safeguard the confidentiality of your password. If you are using a computer that others have access to, you must log out of your account after using the iFrica360 Service. If you become aware of an unauthorized access to your account, you must change your password and notify us.
5. Content RestrictionsYou may not upload, post, or transmit (collectively, "submit") any video, image, text, audio recording, or other work (collectively, "content") that: Infringes any third party's copyrights or other rights (e.g., trademark, privacy rights, etc.); Contains sexually explicit content or pornography (provided, however, that non-sexual nudity is permitted); Contains hateful, defamatory, or discriminatory content or incites hatred against any individual or group; Exploits minors; Depicts unlawful acts or extreme violence; Depicts animal cruelty or extreme violence towards animals; Promotes fraudulent or dubious business schemes; or Violates any law.
6. Code of Conduct6.1 Videos LICENSE TO iFrica360: As between you and iFrica360, you own the video content ("videos") that you submit to the iFrica360 Service. By submitting a video, you grant iFrica360 and its affiliates a limited, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license and right to copy, transmit, distribute, publicly perform and display (through all media now known or hereafter created), and make derivative works from your video for the purpose of (i) displaying the video within the iFrica360 Service; (ii) displaying the video on third party websites and applications through a video embed or iFrica360's API subject to your video privacy choices; (iii) allowing other users to play, download, and embed on third party websites the video, subject to your video privacy choices; (iii) promoting the iFrica360 Service, provided that you have made the video publicly available; and (iv) archiving or preserving the video for disputes, legal proceedings, or investigations. LICENSE TO OTHER USERS: You further grant all users of the iFrica360 Service permission to view your videos for their personal, non-commercial purposes. This includes the right to copy and make derivative works from the videos solely to the extent necessary to view the videos. The foregoing licenses are in addition to any license you may decide to grant (e.g., a Creative Commons license). DURATION OF LICENSES: The above licenses will continue unless and until you remove your videos from the iFrica360 Service, in which case the licenses will terminate within a commercially reasonable period of time. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the license for legal archival/preservation purposes will continue indefinitely. Please note that removed videos may be cached in search engine indices after removal and that iFrica360 has no control over such caching. 6.2 Non-video Content As between you and iFrica360, you own all non-video content that you submit to the iFrica360 Service. You grant iFrica360 and its affiliates a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license and right to copy, transmit, distribute, publicly perform and display (through all media now known or hereafter created), and make derivative works from your non-video content. In addition, you waive any so-called "moral rights" in your non-video content. You further grant all users of the iFrica360 Service permission to view your non-video content for their personal, non-commercial purposes. If you make suggestions to iFrica360 on improving or adding new features to the iFrica360 Service, iFrica360 shall have the right to use your suggestions without any compensation to you.
7. Your Representations and WarrantiesFor each piece of content that you submit, you represent and warrant that: (i) you have the right to submit the content to iFrica360 and grant the licenses set forth above; (ii) iFrica360 will not need to obtain licenses from any third party or pay royalties to any third party; (iii) the content does not infringe any third party's rights, including intellectual property rights and privacy rights; and (iv) the content complies with this Agreement and all applicable laws.
8. IndemnificationYou will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless iFrica360 and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents, from and against all third party actions that: (i) arise from your activities on the iFrica360 Service; (ii) assert a violation by you of any term of this Agreement; or (iii) assert that any content you submitted to iFrica360 violates any law or infringes any third party right, including any intellectual property or privacy right.
9. Third Party Copyrights and Other RightsiFrica360 respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your copyright has been infringed, please send us a notice at info@iFrica360.com. For other intellectual property claims, please send us a notice at info@iFrica360.com.
10. DisclaimersiFrica360 reserves the right to modify the iFrica360 Service. You are responsible for providing your own access (e.g., computer, mobile device, Internet connection, etc.) to the iFrica360 Service. iFrica360 has no obligation to screen or monitor any content and does not guarantee that any content available on the iFrica360 Service complies with this Agreement or is suitable for all users. To the extent any disclaimer or limitation of liability does not apply, all applicable express, implied, and statutory warranties will be limited in duration to a period of thirty (30) days after the date on which you first used the iFrica360 Service, and no warranties shall apply after such period.
11. Limitation of LiabilityTo the fullest extent permitted by law: (i) iFrica360 shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses; and (ii) iFrica360 's total liability to you shall not exceed the amounts paid by you to iFrica360 over the twelve (12) months preceding your claim(s).
12. General ProvisionsGOVERNING LAW: This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, United States of America, without regard to principles of conflicts of law. The Uniform Commercial Code, the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act, and the United Nations Convention of Controls for International Sale of Goods shall not apply. DISPUTES: Any action arising out of or relating to this Agreement or your use of the iFrica360 Service must be commenced in the state or federal courts located in New York County, New York, United States of America (and you consent to the jurisdiction of those courts). In any such action, iFrica360 and you irrevocably waive any right to a trial by jury. INTERPRETATION; SEVERABILITY; WAIVER; REMEDIES: Headings are for convenience only and shall not be used to construe the terms of this Agreement. If any term of this Agreement is found invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, that term will be severed from this Agreement. No failure or delay by iFrica360 in exercising any right hereunder will waive any further exercise of that right. iFrica360's rights and remedies hereunder are cumulative and not exclusive. SUCCESSORS; ASSIGNMENT; NO THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARIES: This Agreement is binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of both parties and their respective successors, heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, and permitted assigns. You may not assign this Agreement without iFrica360's prior written consent. No third party shall have any rights hereunder. NOTICES: You consent to receive all communications including notices, agreements, disclosures, or other information from iFrica360 electronically. iFrica360 may provide all such communications by email or by posting them on the iFrica360 Service. Nothing herein shall limit iFrica360's right to object to subpoenas, claims, or other demands. MODIFICATION: This Agreement may not be modified except by a revised Terms of Service posted by iFrica360 on the iFrica360 Site or a written amendment signed by an authorized representative of iFrica360. A revised Terms of Service will be effective as of the date it is posted on the iFrica360 Site. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding between iFrica360 and you concerning the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings regarding the same.